All workmanship is warranted for a period of 10 years from the date of system commissioning. Warranty work will be done at the discretion of New Prairie Construction. Costs incurred for work beyond items expressed in this contract’s scope of work is not included in the workmanship warranty.
The warranty obligations of the contractor do not extend to damage, malfunction, or degradation of electrical output resulting from:
- Customer’s failure to report damage or failure, customer not cooperating with parties attempting to remedy system problems or customers operating the system in a manner not in accordance with operating manuals;
- Any theft or vandalism of the PV system;
- Gross negligence or willful misconduct by the customer, agents, or their representatives;
- Shading from foliage that is new growth or is not kept trimmed to its appearance as of the date of installation or shading from newly built structures;
- Any repair, replacement, modification, enhancement or reinstallation of the PV system or any part thereof using parts or service not provided or authorized by New Prairie;
- An accident, alteration, or damage to the PV system (i.e. golf ball strikes);
- Earthquake, fire, flood, hail, or other acts of God;
- Damage from pests or rodents;
- Snow covering or a snow load damaging the PV system;
- Dirt and debris on the PV system;
- Any roof performance issues otherwise covered by the Customer’s homeowner’s insurance.
All PV installations are monitored for system faults by our team on a weekly basis. Monitoring is provided at no additional cost to the customer for a period of 25 years from the date of system commissioning. New Prairie Construction is not responsible for the data connectivity beyond the system gateway, or other data connections provided by the homeowner or the Internet Service Provider. Connectivity-based service work is done at NPCC’s sole discretion and may be charged at NPCC’s standard extra rate of $55 per hour with a minimum charge of $150.
System fault monitoring is a service provided by NPCC, and can be terminated at NPCC’s sole discretion for the following reasons: Monitoring capability is no longer provided by the solar inverter manufacturer or is converted to a paid service. The system owner becomes unresponsive to our inquiries or attempts to communicate for a period of 90 days. System property owner changes, and contact information is not updated with NPCC.
SolarEdge Inverters purchased through New Prairie Solar have a 25-year warranty.
PV Modules warranties typically carry a 25-year product and performance warranty but vary by manufacturer. Please let New Prairie know if you would like further information about this.
Roof Attachments have a 25-year leakproof warranty.