All workmanship is warrantied for a period of 5 years from the date of system commissioning. All warranty work will be done at the sole discretion of New Prairie Construction Co. Costs incurred for work beyond the original scope of work detailed in our contracts are not included in the workmanship warranty.
The warranty obligations of the contractor do not extend to damage, malfunction, or degradation of electrical output resulting from:
- Customer’s failure to report damage or failure, customer not cooperating with parties attempting to remedy system problems or customers operating the system in a manner not in accordance with operating manuals;
- Any theft or vandalism of the PV system;
- Gross negligence or willful misconduct by the customer, agents, or their representatives;
- Shading from foliage that is new growth or is not kept trimmed to its appearance as of the date of installation or shading from newly built structures;
- Any repair, replacement, modification, enhancement or reinstallation of the PV system or any part thereof using parts or service not provided or authorized by New Prairie;
- An accident, alteration, or damage to the PV system (i.e. golf ball strikes);
- Earthquake, fire, flood, hail, or other acts of God;
- Damage from pests or rodents;
- Snow covering or a snow load damaging the PV system;
- Dirt and debris on the PV system;
- Any roof performance issues otherwise covered by the Customer’s homeowner’s insurance.
New Prairie will monitor PV installations on a weekly basis for a period of 5 years to detect any performance issues that are reported via the online portals.
New Prairie Construction is not responsible for the system connectivity beyond the system gateway, or other data connections provided by the homeowner or their Internet Service Provider. Connectivity-based service work is done at the contractor’s sole discretion, and may be charged at New Prairie’s standard labor rate per hour plus the sum of materials, subcontractors, overhead, and profit costs. System fault monitoring is a service provided by New Prairie and can be ended at our sole discretion.
Some possible reasons for monitoring ending are:
- Monitoring system is no longer provided by the solar manufacturer or is converted to a paid service.
- System owner becomes unresponsive for a period of 90 days.
- System owner changes and contact information is not updated with New Prairie.